Back to School Means Back to Great Skin!
August 1st, 2017
Back to School means Back to Great Skin! Summer may be coming to an end but that doesn’t mean keeping your skin looking radiant has to end. Here are some tips for keeping that “Summer Glow.”
- Tinted sunscreens are a great way to maintain a healthy glow without the damaging rays of the sun. Many products are now multi-tasking power houses! These products are packed full of anti-oxidant ingredients, skin hydrators, and of course UVA/UVB protection.
- Out with the old, in with the new! Exfoliation is key to great skin. There are many ways to slough off the sins of summer. In office procedures like microdermabrasion and light chemical peels help to gently remove superficial dead layers of skin. These procedures typically take 20-30 minutes to administer and have little to no down time! Home care products such as gentle scrubs, exfoliating cleansers, and topical retinoids can be safely used after these treatments and help to prolong what your skin care professional has done in the office.
- Self tanners and bronzing powders give the appearance of tanned skin without all of negative side effects. Both are available in matte and illuminating formulations.
- It’s never too early to start prepping for the upcoming holiday season as well. Injectables such as Botox and Fillers can be administered all year around and both help to smooth out fine lines and deeper wrinkles in addition to holding back the hands of time.
- Diet and continued exercise not only helps to keep our “beach body” fit but increasing fruits and vegetables and consuming more water daily assists in proper cell function and keeps skin radiant.
These tips may be simple, but good skin health should come easy! The skin care professionals at The Cosmetic Laser & Skin Care Center are here to help you and to answer any questions on maintaining that “Summer Glow.” Call our office today to schedule your complementary consultation and let us help customize a plan for you!